Brand Design is a crucial part to marketing your business. Brand design works with your Brand Identity to create your whole “Brand”. To read about the difference between the two, click here.
In order to really market your business, you want to make sure your whole brand is in tip-top shape. You will know you’ve created a great brand when people start to say, I saw this post pop-up and I knew it was you! That, in essence, is good branding. A good brand is recognizable, consistent, relatable and authentic.
Tweet it out.
With that said, it’s time to do a brand audit.
Where is your brand at currently?
- When people see your posts on Facebook, your newsletter or your print advertising, do they automatically know it’s you? Or is your brand so all over the place? Do people have any idea whether that post is yours or could it be confused with the next persons?
- Does your brand accurately represent you and your business?
If it feels outdated, it is. If it feels slightly off, it is. If you feel embarrassed to show it off, it’s time for an update.
Your brand should represent who you are as a person AND who your company/business is. If you’re wondering how to start branding yourself today, click here for my free download. This is the best place to start on your new branding adventure!
Here are the reasons your brand is so important, and updating your brand is crucial...
Bad Branding Hurts!
It hurts your business, it deteriorates all your hard work and it doesn’t accurately represent you – so people have 0 expectations when they see your business.
If your customer doesn’t know what to expect when they first start seeing your brand, they’re confused and confusion is the death of a business.
Confusion is where we lose people. People want things to be easy for them. They want to walk up to a store front (which is essentially your brand design & website), look through the window and then choose whether or not to walk in.
If you have customers walking up to your store front and they can’t tell what’s going on in there, they will almost always pass by. When you make someone have to figure out what it is that you do or offer, they have already built a small wall of distrust. This is the exact opposite of what we want our customers to feel. We want them to trust us, like us and know us!
Here’s what bad branding does to your company/business:
- Creates confusion and a level of distrust
- If it looks outdated, it gives an ere that you don’t really care
- If it’s unattended, it makes you look amateur
- If it looks amateur, it makes you look unprofessional
- If you don’t look professional, people don’t take you seriously
- If people don’t take you seriously… You lose out on business.
Bad branding hurts. It really hurts!
So how can you tell if it’s time to update your brand?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Am I proud to show this off?
- Do people know what I do?
- Am I accurately representing what I do? (or am I showing off things outside of my brand?)
- Would I hire myself?
- Does it feel outdated?
- Have I been told it’s outdated?
- Do I like it?
What steps can you take today, to start rebranding?
- Start by showcasing you! What you do, what you love, how you relate to others.
- Start showcasing what you offer (and only what you offer). Get creative!
- Start being more open. Post more often on social media, share your stories and share your passion!
I have a free download I created just for you on how to start branding yourself today. There are simple steps you can start making today that will help you focus your brand and get you back on the path to success.
The best thing you can do for your brand is be intentional. Really think through what you want your brand to represent…and then START! You’ve got this!
Comment below and let me know your thoughts! If you need a brand refresh tell me where your brand is at and what steps you're taking to make it better.